Sunday, September 16, 2007

Left Handed Epiphone Casino

Continuing effort "to update the blog. here goes:

Today Was A Productive pretty darn day. I Nearly impressed myself. Before i woke up 8 to pack myself a lunch and Exercise clothes, and Then I trekked to bellingham. oh, bellingham. what a wonderful place it is. i woke up early so That i could go to to the barnes and nobel to check out Their GRE prep books. I've read online about Them, But WAS Able to make a final decision only after seeing Them in person (not to mention the price). for the record, For Those considering the general GRE test, I recommended the free supplimental WITH princeton review GRE tests. the PR book by far has the MOST test prep, But Lacks straight in practice. so i jump up to a Used book store and found a book with practice tests with 6 in it for pretty cheap. combined...i'll do much better on this test than i'll have to.

in fact, it was reinforced to me today that western's program is very, very selective. and that's ok. i enjoy the idea of challenging myself to get accepted into a selective program. but they ask for requirements that i don't have...yet. three classes - psych 101, abnormal psych and psych stats. and the GRE. my plan is to still apply to western and my other choices. but i'm taking the GRE primarily for western. and i plan on registering for classes beginning winter quarter at the skagit community college...western people have told me that they could admit me into the program if i have't taken the necessary classes only if i have them finished by enrollment time. well....a ver. i hope theya) grant me an interview, and b) i interview well.

Otherwise, i kind of like the idea of challenge. this has come through in Various Ways. as of a week ago, i got an itch to move to rowing full time, same warm ups and abs. I've Been checking out online forums and times ... and it Interests me to try to Be competitive with people close to my height, weight and age to see how well we erg. and I'll continue to do core work outs.

And Then with the GRE ... purchesing after my materials ... Actually I'm kind of excited to test myself (remove literally) to see how well i do on it. Usually, and Especially for a high school counseling program, the GRE is not a huge factor in Determining Acceptance Into a program. What I've seen from on schools' own websites, Manyjust want to make sure you Are Above A Certain score. some, pero, Do not have a standard, pero Solely compare you to Applicants That year alone. Either way, I'm psyching myself to care enough about the test to prepare over the next weeks twevle That as best i can. man ... i miss school. weird. Have ensembles

started back again. that'll be good. the only thing i need more is more to do ... working out, GRE prep., trips to Anacortes, Bellingham and Tacoma for rehearsals (and parties and good people). But

That Brings Me to why i was in bellingham. after visiting Bne, i had alumni band rehearsal. That after I Went to the ymca bellingham. It Was a great day for erging and abs / core. i rowed a PB distance (8k meters), and at a pretty good split - 2:02.4.e latter is true or not, i always feel better for it. and, oh yeah, my co-workers are so rad. it will be hard to not be there full time. but that's still a ways away.

and why is that when i decide to write more often, my posts tend to be longer? (i almost ended that sentence with \

0 comments:

Post a Comment